Bret Piatt talks about Cassandra at the O'Reilly Velocity Conference
Filed in by Angela Bartels | June 30, 2010 8:57 am
Bret Piatt held a session on Cassandra at the O’Reilly Velocity Web Performance and Operations Conference last week. He was interviewed by Matt Slocum while there and addresses the following questions:
- How does Cassandra differ from traditional relational databases?
- What types of sites and services work best with Cassandra?
- Is there a tipping point for a site or service moving to Cassandra?
- Why are open standards so important for cloud computing?
- Will we get to the point where businesses will rely on cloud resources instead of building out their own infrastructure?
Click below to see the full interview:
- Bret Piatt: http://twitter.com/bpiatt
- Cassandra: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/blog/2009/09/23/the-cassandra-project/
- O’Reilly Velocity Web Performance and Operations Conference: http://en.oreilly.com/velocity2010
- cloud computing: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/what_is_cloud_computing/
- [Image]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1YJs74rRM
Source URL: http://blog.rackspace.com/bret-piatt-talks-about-cassandra-at-the-oreilly-velocity-conference/
Copyright ©2015 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.