Filed in Cloud Industry Insights by Lizetta Staplefoote | September 28, 2011 8:53 am
1. According to research, a 1-second delay in page load time equals a 16% decrease in customer satisfaction, and a 7% loss in conversions. Meaning a site that usually earns $100,000 a day could lose up to $2.5 million a year.
2. New threat signatures appear every 8 seconds.
3. 8 out of 10 people will not return after a bad site experience.
4. Every 3.6 seconds a new web page is infected.
5. 57% of visitors abandon a site after waiting 3 seconds for a page to load.
*Sources: Akamai, Aberdeen Group
The performance and security of your site are an immediate reflection of your businesses’ credibility when visitors land on your site.
Ecommerce is littered with horror stories of sites that shut down just when all the traffic they’ve worked so hard to get actually shows up, sites who’ve been hacked and compromised the personal information of customers, or sites with a shopping cart that conks out right when they’ve finally convinced the customer to pull out a credit card. Visitors expect you to provide them with a secure transaction environment and an always available system that can provide a simultaneous experience for one or one-hundred thousand visitors.
If you’re looking for guidance on securing these important elements of ecommerce success, read, Is Your E-Commerce Site Ready For Business?, a six-page whitepaper that helps you understand and improve site performance and security for a better visitor experience. Inside, you’ll find nuts-and-bolts information about maintaining:
• Bulletproof security
• 24x7x365 availability
• Ready-for-anything scalability
The whitepaper also walks you through the pros and cons of four popular management strategies.
View more ecommerce resources.
Source URL: https://blog.rackspace.com/5-stats-about-ecommerce-security-speed/
Copyright ©2016 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.