The cloud is popular and buzz-worthy. It’s mentioned in practically every tech post you read. But, is the cloud the right fit for your Exchange needs? It may be a better fit than you think, and here are nine big reasons why:
- Do what you do best and use experts for the rest. Instead of honing your ability to manage an Exchange server with minimal disruptions, you can spend more time on creating differentiation and building a steady strategy.
- Don’t pay for more than you need. This is a big benefit for businesses wasting money on unused server or storage capacity or capacity that is only used during peak usage times. You’ll also save on licenses for Windows server, Exchange, AV/AS, backup, etc. There will still be costs associated with licensing the service from the provider. However, those costs are far less due to the volume discounts hosting providers are able to pass along to you.
- SP1 is released? Need to install a patch? No problem. By running hosted Exchange in the cloud, your business is always up-to-date and using the latest version of software. Admins can stay on their game without even trying.
- No more scratching your head. Hosted Exchange providers live and breathe this stuff everyday, and want to do your heavy lifting. Chances are they’ve heard your question before and can solve your problem quickly.
- Deploy Users in Minutes. One of the beauties of any hosted service, like Exchange, is having a standard service applied across many users. This means little or no customization is needed, reduced costs, and quicker ramp up. If you have advanced email and application integration needs, let a hosted Exchange expert help you explore your options.
- Business is not strictly at your desk anymore. Neither is hosted Exchange. You need real-time access on your desktop, browser, and any mobile device. Hosted Exchange is a familiar way to get that luxury with all of your data: email, calendar, contacts, and tasks – without standing up complex mobile infrastructure.
- Exchange with Outlook is an easy transition. Most professionals have used Outlook at some point in their careers and are comfortable with how it works. That means your employees get up to speed quickly with fewer disruptions and little or no training needed.
- Try before you buy. Not sure if you want to jump in? Just dip your toe in the Cloud water by using hosted Exchange free for a trial period. It’s a great way of seeing if it will meet all of your needs without financially committing yourself to the Cloud.
- Free to leave if you’re dissatisfied. Some providers (including Rackspace) will let you cancel your service at any time. That means that you’re never really “locked in”, so if the service ever fails to meet your needs, you can get out quickly without being penalized.
Just beginning to evaluate your email needs? Time for an upgrade? If you’re running an older version of Exchange or starting to need regular patches, it’s time to consider a hosted Exchange solution to take server management off your plate.
Learn more about Hosted Exchange with Rackspace for your business or chat with us now. We’re happy to help you think through your requirements and plan a flawless transition to Hosted Exchange.