Hybrid and multi-cloud will be the hot topics of conversation at VMworld 2019, as organizations increasingly come to understand that they must be able to run applications and access data everywhere and anywhere for the best user experience and business value.
That often means enabling both public and private clouds, with access to on-premise and colocation facilities to ensure frictionless data mobility between the various cloud environments.
There’s a lot to consider and learn, which is why VMworld is such a valuable event. That’s also why you’ll see a common theme in what Rackspace will be talking about. Our sessions and the conversations we’d love to have with you are focused on how to address the challenges of digital transformation, and how to enable IT to deliver the best result for your business across any environment — cloud, core or at the edge.
Rackspace sessions at VMworld 2019
To that end, we’re hosting five valuable sessions I recommend adding to your calendar via the Agenda Builder. They include everything from how to avoid building cloud silos with an architecture that supports legacy applications while enabling future innovation, to revealing the challenges and solutions to extending cloud-based services and storage to run workloads everywhere.
- VMware Private Cloud Everywhere with VMware Cloud on Dell EMC [STP3578U] Mon., Aug. 26, 1:20-1:40 p.m.
- Rackspace Solution Architect Henry Villegas and VMware Product Manager Anil Kapur describe what services are needed to enable a complete turnkey solution for VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, and how to bring the value of Cloud Foundation to remote geographies and the edge.
- Accelerate Multi-Cloud Adoption via VMware MSPs [HBI2797BU] Mon., Aug. 26, 4-5 p.m.
- Learn how multi-cloud adoption is vital to every enterprise’s digital transformation journey, how to leverage VMware’s growing suite of products and how managed services providers can help enterprises accelerate and simplify the multi-cloud journey.
- Designing VMware Cloud on AWS w/ Cloud-Based NFS Datastores [HBI3548BU] Mon., Aug. 27, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Rackspace VMware Strategic Alliance Manager Donald Schubot explains how Rackspace can enable NFS cloud-based datastores in VMware Cloud on AWS, allowing you to scale storage independently of compute. He will also provide use cases and design considerations for using AWS-based external storage as a datastore for your VMware Cloud on AWS environment.
- Rackspace on Building a SDDCaaS with VMware Cloud Foundation [HBI1918BU] Tues., Aug. 27 2-3 p.m.
- VMware Director of Product Management Madhup Gulati and Rackspace Principal Architect Per Thorn discuss the benefits of VMware Cloud Foundation and how it’s used by Rackspace to provide private clouds to customers. Read more about this session from Per in this article.
- Consuming NSX Edge Services: A Case Study with Rackspace [HBI1592BU] Wed. Aug. 28 4-5 p.m.
- Rackspace Principal Architect Luke Huckaba and VMware Sr. Product Line Marketing Manager Satish Katpally illustrate how Rackspace is deploying VCF and NSX Edge to deliver a Hosted Private Cloud. The session includes a customer case study with the use-case details about how Rackspace is enabling a Hosted Private Cloud service for one of its enterprise customers.
Rackspace on theCUBE
Tune into theCUBE to hear Rackspace Senior Vice President and General Manager of Cloud & Infrastructure Services Prashanth Chandrasekar and VMware Senior Vice President and General Manager of Cloud Provider Software Ajay Patel discuss how trends such as hybrid cloud, Kubernetes and VMware Cloud are enabling organizations’ digital transformation — and changing how the industry looks at consuming cloud-as-a-service.
No matter where you are on your cloud journey, Rackspace can help your business accelerate, optimize and simplify your transformation by integrating the best of private and public clouds to meet your needs. We’ll have plenty of our experts at the show to answer all your questions — we’re at Booth #1733!
While there, you can learn about our VMware Cloud on AWS special offers and take part in our social contests to win some cool swag. Follow @Rackspace and stop by the booth to find out how to participate.
Schedule a one-on-one
We know these conferences get crazy and that you may prefer to schedule an appointment. Our experts will be available from Aug. 25 – 28. Click to fill out this short form and reserve your spot.
We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco at VMworld 2019!