OSCON 2014 is upon is. We’ll have a number of Rackspace specialists on-hand throughout the event talking about all things open source. We’re pumped to head to Portland to highlight the projects we’ve contributed to and collaborate and innovate with the open source community.
As co-founders, contributors and collaborators in the OpenStack community, Rackspace is proud to be part of such a large network of inspiring open source innovators.
We have a lot on tap for OSCON 2014, here’s a look at what we’re up to:
Wednesday, July 23 at 10:40 a.m.
Driving Innovation and Next Generation Application Architectures with Open Source (Jesse Noller, Rackspace; Brandon Philips, CoreOS)
Join Rackspace and CoreOS as they discuss/examine that developers are beginning to see a new set of disruptive technologies come into play – beyond virtual machine, beyond just configuration management. We’re beginning to see the platforms of next generation applications enter the open source arena. These tools and technologies, built in the open, open source, open hardware, and open standard will define a new generation of applications – applications that run without regard to region, locality, or knowledge of the underlying hardware (or lack thereof).
We also have a number of Rackers presenting on a host of exciting open source topics. Here’s what’s in store:
Sunday, July 20
- 9 a.m. Getting Started with OpenStack: Hands on Tutorial (Egle Sigler, Rackspace; Cody Bunch, Rackspace)
Tuesday, July 22
- 2:30 p.m. Schemas for the Real World (Carina C. Zona, ZeroVM)
- 5 p.m. The Case for Haskell (Alejandro Cabrera, Rackspace)
Wednesday, July 23
- 4:10 p.m. Multiple Datastores Working Together: Will It Blend? (Alex Brandt, Rackspace)
Thursday, July 24
- 10 a.m.: HA 101 with OpenStack (Raghavan Srinivas, Rackspace)
- 11:50 a.m.: The State of Crypto in Python (Paul Kehrer, Rackspace; Jarret Raim, Rackspace)
- 11:50 a.m.: Creating an SDK – Lessons Learned (Ed Leafe, Rackspace)
Racker Everett Toews will present during Ignite OSCON, a high-energy, fast-paced technology show-and-tell where presenters have five minutes to talk about anything – any topic is fair game as long as its interesting. Ignite OSCON is Sunday, July 20 at 5:30 p.m.
The Book Signing
Racker Everett Toews will also be singing copies OpenStack Operations Guide, a book he co-authored. The signing is from 3:40 p.m. to 4:10 p.m. Wednesday, July 23 in the O’Reilly Authors’ booth. There will be 25 complimentary copies of the book given away during the signing.
Be sure to swing by our booth (No. 327) between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 22 and Wednesday, July 23. Take the Rackspace Cloud Code Challenge to get some swag and be entered to win a drone. And while you’re there, check out the discussions by our in-booth presenters on a bunch of cool topics including:
- Intro to CoreOS
- Build your app. Don’t mess with Databases
- What is ZeroVM?
- You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Cloud: Scaling Hybrid Clouds with OpenStack
- OnMetal- the right way to scale
Be sure to stick around after the in-booth talks to receive a free Starbucks gift card.
And finally, sign up for the CoreOS + Docker OSCON Meetup, Brought To You by New Relic and Rackspace. Drink, eat and be merry while learning a thing or two from talks including:
- A CoreOS Overview
- Docker 1.0 101: Intro to Docker, and what the stable release looks like
- CoreOS and Docker on Rackspace OnMetal
We know that’s a lot – but it wouldn’t be OSCON without a ton of great information.
We look forward to seeing you all in Portland next week.