Brocade Vyatta vRouter Now In Unlimited Availability
Filed in Product & Development by Sameer Satyam | August 22, 2013 9:00 am
In May, we began offering limited availability of the Brocade Vyatta vRouter. This network appliance allows us to provide you software-based networking and securityfeatures, such as virtual private network (VPN), firewall, network address translation (NAT) and routing capabilities in the next generation open cloud. Until today, all Cloud Account customers who were interested in using the vRouter had to apply for access to this software appliance. Today, we are removing this limitation and offering unlimited availability of the vRouter to all of our Cloud Account customers.
If you are a Cloud Account customer, you should see the “Vyatta Network OS 6.5R2” image among the list of Cloud Server images available to you when you use the control panel, Rackspace API or the Rackspace novaclient.
If you are a Managed Cloud customer, you will not be able to see this image today. We are actively working on making the vRouter available to our Managed Cloud customers in the near future.
Please review the Quick Start Guide for details on how to spin up a Brocade Vyatta vRouter.
For more information about the Brocade Vyatta vRouter at Rackspace, please visit: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/servers/vrouter/
To learn more about the use cases, configurations and Cloud Account operation details, please see the following reference articles:
- Quick start guide
- Firewall basics
- Outbound NAT
- Site-to-Site VPN
- L2TP/IPSec VPN
- VPN trouble-shooting
- Accessing Rackspace services via Isolated networks using SNAT
- Supported actions through control panel
As always, we deeply value your feedback and look forward to helping you deploy secure and distributed applications in the Rackspace Open Cloud.
- limited availability of the Brocade Vyatta vRouter: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/vpn-gateway-firewall-and-nat-capabilities-now-available-in-the-open-cloud/
- Cloud Server: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/servers/
- Managed Cloud: https://www.rackspace.com/cloud/managed_cloud/
- Quick Start Guide: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/a-quick-start-guide-to-launching-the-brocade-vyatta-vrouter
- http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/servers/vrouter/: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/servers/vrouter/
- Quick start guide: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/a-quick-start-guide-to-launching-the-vyatta-network-appliance
- Firewall basics: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/configuring-interface-based-firewall-on-the-vyatta-network-appliance
- Outbound NAT: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/configure-internet-access-for-cloud-servers-using-snat-on-vyatta
- Site-to-Site VPN: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/configure-a-vpn-between-regions-using-the-vyatta-appliance
- L2TP/IPSec VPN: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/configure-vpn-access-using-a-vyatta-appliance-on-a-private-cloud-network
- VPN trouble-shooting: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/trouble-shooting-a-vyatta-site-to-site-vpn-connection
- Accessing Rackspace services via Isolated networks using SNAT: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/accessing-rackspace-services-via-isolated-networks-through-the-vyatta-network-appliance
- Supported actions through control panel: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/vyatta-network-appliance-supported-actions-through-control-panel
Source URL: https://blog.rackspace.com/brocade-vyatta-vrouter-now-in-unlimited-availability/