Building a Solid Ecommerce Platform

Filed in by Lizetta Staplefoote | November 2, 2011 2:56 pm

According to a ComScore report after the 2010 holiday shopping season, more than 85% of Americans online visited a retail site in December of last year. I suspect the other 15% are my grandmother’s bingo buddies and the toddler demographic who’ve yet to experience the joys of shopping online. Web traffic for ecommerce sites surges during the holiday buying rush – and the holiday season has officially started. With added traffic and retail competition, this is a crucial time of year to have a well-built site that provides an unencumbered shopping experience to keep visitors coming back after the holidays.

With that goal in mind, a panel of experts from Rackspace Hosting and Magento lead you through, “Building Customer Trust through a Rock Solid E-commerce Platform”[1], a 30-minute webinar exploring the foundational elements of building out your ecommerce platform to accommodate future growth, maximize performance, and address security and compliance concerns. Each panelist offers unique, from-the-trenches perspective and recommendations on approaching platform building for ecommerce success.

The webinar gives an overview with strategies on the essential pieces of an ecommerce system:
Hardware layer – How to select the physical servers and devices you’ll need to provide a strong foundation for your web operations.
Operating systems – Figuring out how to choose your operating system and the ramifications up the stack.
Ecommerce software – Guidance on evaluating and implementing supported, scalable, and secure software platforms to power your business.

Watch the webinar now.[2]
View more ecommerce resources in our Knowledge Center.[3]

  1. “Building Customer Trust through a Rock Solid E-commerce Platform”:

  2. Watch the webinar now.:

  3. View more ecommerce resources in our Knowledge Center.:

Source URL: