As you may have read, this morning we launched mobile-ready cloud stacks. Here, we’ll answer some questions you may have.
What are mobile-ready cloud stacks?
These stacks will allow developers to start building mobile apps on pre-configured cloud backend. This will save deployment time by not having to reinvent the wheel every time they start a mobile project
The stacks also provide scalable reference architectures based on our experience as a backend provider of complex applications.
Finally, we want to provide a developer experience that is beyond just deployment and includes day-to-day management and operations of the backend including upgrading, scaling, patching, monitoring and troubleshooting the cloud services infrastructure where your app is hosted.
The first pre-installed stack available today is a PHP-based backend, comprising LAMP and open source caching software. The exact configurations are:
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Apache web server
- Varnishd (HTTP accelerator)
- Memcache and the PHP-memcache extensions
- The Alternative PHP Cache (APC)
We are working on a similar offering for the Ruby on Rails and Node.js backends
How do I get it?
To start using this stack as the backend to your mobile app, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Managed Cloud account at: https://cart.rackspace.com/cloud/
- You will receive a call from our Launch Specialists. Tell them that you are interested in our mobile stacks, or reach out to our team at (800) 480-3163. They will stand up the backend for your app in minutes, so you can start coding!
Resources for more information:
Mobile cloud page: http://www.rackspace.com/mobile-cloud
Mobile Blog: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/mobile