With the holidays fast approaching, you’ve probably got a lot on your plate. But before the stockings are hung with care, there’s a lot of work that needs to be done to make sure that your configuration can handle the surge of holiday traffic that starts before Black Friday and continues until the first week or so of the New Year. I’ve made a list, and checked it twice, of topics that can make this a less stressful holiday season for you. Over the next couple of weeks we’ll talk about:
- Scaling – both horizontal and vertical scaling
- Caching – helps optimally deliver your site
- Tuning and Testing – both for web and DB servers
- Load Balancing – distributing traffic to different servers
- Serving a Static Homepage – strategies for the Content Delivery Network
But if you are like me and can’t wait to open your presents, be sure to go over to our Knowledge Center right now for a white paper on how to prepare for all this seasonal traffic.
Interested in finding out more to help you prep for the holidays? Check out Joseph’s white paper now. In his next post, he’ll talk about scaling for the holidays. You can also view his previous post in the Zen and the Art of Cloud Computing series where he compares the differences between cloud and dedicated environments with a fishing analogy.