In the spirit of the holiday season, I’m sharing some tips and features of our cloud that you may not know about. In this countdown I’ll have 24 posts for you, each covering a single topic or feature about Rackspace Cloud products. We’ll post one per day so keep checking back!
A while back I wrote a blog post on how to add users to your account – today, I’d like to update that. Users that are added via the API will only have API access, meaning they will not be able to log into the Cloud Control Panel. Once a user has been added to your account, you can assign a role to that user describing their level of access to a product.
There are currently three levels of access on a per product basis:
- Product:admin – The admin role has the permissions to create, read, update and delete resources within the designated product where access is granted.
- Product:creator – The creator role has the permissions to create, read and update resources within the designated product where access is granted. The creator role cannot delete a resource. (Any destructive actions are prohibited.)
- Product:observer – The observer role has the permission to read given resources within the designated product where access is granted. This role is read-only.
You can also set read-only access for a user across multiple products. Read-only access is great for people at your company who need information about the account without needing access to change the account, like someone tracking your cloud spend.
Currently, role-based access control is available with the following products:
- Cloud Servers
- Cloud Files
- Cloud Databases
- Cloud Load Balancers
- Cloud Networks (Only available through API at this time)
- Cloud Block Storage (Only available through API at this time)
- Cloud Monitoring (Only available through API at this time)
- Cloud Queues (Limited availability)
- Auto Scale
Check out previous Rackspace Cloudvent Calendar entries here.