As Rackspace grows, we continue to realize the incredible selling power of the Channel.
Our channel partners have become trusted consulting resources to customers wrestling with complicated business and technology problems — and we’re working hard to be the fanatical solution to those problems.
This month marks the one-year anniversary of our Master Agent/Agent Program, which allows new segment of partners to offer Rackspace Managed Cloud and award-winning Fanatical Support to their customers.
As industry embraces the cloud, we’ve seen that Master Agents and Agents have proven to be fast adopters of cloud technologies with clients seeking to move their businesses to the cloud. Through the Master Agent/Agent program, Rackspace provides the highest level of support, to ensure the agent’s clients enjoy a smooth cloud implementation and support experience.
In the past year we’ve signed several strategic partnerships, most recently with Intelisys, the nation’s leading technology services distributor. We’ve scored some exciting wins and hosted our first annual partner advisory council.
Our program is growing, and we are thrilled to be a sponsor of this year’s Cloud Partners conference in Boston this week. At the conference you’ll discover how cloud-based solutions work together and enable your customers to scale their business, and get the information you need to take action to optimize your cloud practice.
Our own Iain Urquhart, vice president of technical and partner sales will be a part of two panel discussions Thursday:
- From Product Pushing to Problem Solving, part of the breakfast keynote, 9:20 a.m.
- Cloud Builders: From CSP to MSP, 10:15 a.m.
Our Chief Channel Technologist Wiqar Chaudry will be there, too, speaking at the intriguingly named “Beer, Dogs, and How to sell IaaS,” also on Thursday, at 4 p.m. And come visit us at booth 119; we’ll be there, ready to talk about why the cloud means business.
Many of our partners will also be speaking; below are a few we’ll be checking out:
- Mike Goodenough, vice president of cloud solutions at BCMOne, will tell you why cloud is the C-suite’s new BFF — and where that leaves you — at Thursday’s lunch keynote, 12:45 p.m. This session is being moderated by our good friend Jo Peterson, vice president of Converged Cloud at Clarify 360.
- Ken Mercer, vice president of Telecom Brokerage, Inc. will speak Wednesday at 1:45 p.m. on best practices for vetting cloud vendors.
- On Wednesday at 11:15 a.m., Andrew Pryfogle will moderate a panel discussion on the Five Killer Ways to Cloudify Your Sales Pitch.
- Rick Ribas, vice president of sales for Intelisys will teach you how to transition your business to a subscription-based, recurring revenue model, at 8:50 a.m. on Thursday.
As we reflect on the past year, we are excited about the relationships we’ve built and are energized by the opportunity to bring Managed Cloud to the Channel.
We look forward to seeing you in Boston!