UPDATE: There will be a delay in getting the licenses out to the winners. That’s the bad news – the good news is that to make up for it, all 25 comments win! You should all be getting emails sometime next week. Comments on this post are now closed. Thanks!
This new release brings a ton of new features – and for existing Jungle Disk customers it is a free update:
Jungle Disk 2.5 is a major upgrade for Jungle Disk, bringing a number of highly requested features. Highlights of the new version include:
- Installs and runs as a background service. Will keep running even if Jungle Disk Monitor is closed or logged out.
- Automatic backups are performed even when not logged in to the computer
- Native file system support on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 2003 and 2008
- EU support for Jungle Disk Plus
- Native 64-bit versions for Windows and Linux
- New download resume ability for large file downloads and restores
- Wake from sleep for backups now available on Mac in addition to Windows
- Backup in-use files feature works on Vista without UAC constraints
- Easy backup of data for multiple user accounts on the same computer
- “Time-machine” style restore interface, allowing to you restore files from a point-in-time view of your backup
- Automatic updates on Windows (built-in) and Mac (using Sparkle)
The upgrade is free for all current users. Beat the rush and get Jungle Disk 2.5 now!
And for those of you who have read this far – we have another 20 free copies of Jungle Disk Desktop to give away! On Friday morning we will “randomly” select 20 comments to this post and you will receive a license code for Jungle Disk 2.5. All you have to do is leave a comment that is interesting and relevant to either Jungle Disk or to Mosso in general :). So this isn’t a speed commenting contest! You need not be first to win.
Winners will be notified via email ONLY – so make sure you use a valid email address. Winners will be notified on or before 23 January.