In February, we kicked off a series of webinars featuring Rackspace and AvePoint SharePoint pros to answer your questions about the complexities of running SharePoint in the cloud. In case you missed them, here’s a quick recap:
Webinar #1: What Is Cloud and Its Impact on the Future of SharePoint?
This session offers a closer look at the opportunities SharePoint in the cloud can offer businesses, and covers cloud advantages such as security and flexibility as major drivers for businesses moving to or deploying SharePoint environments. Topics covered include:
- Defining the types of cloud available
- Developing a cloud strategy for running SharePoint today and into the future
- Addressing security issues using a hybrid cloud approach that integrates offsite and onsite storage of data
Webinar #2: What Does a Cloud World Look Like for a SharePoint Customer?
This session gives an overview of SharePoint cloud migration strategies and focuses on addressing the top considerations and concerns around migrating SharePoint to the cloud. These include:
- Planning advice for migration, from pre-planning to post-migration activities
- Determining security needs and cloud hosting options to help you adhere to stringent compliance and privacy requirements
- Prioritizing information taxonomy and understanding your existing environment before upgrading or migrating a SharePoint farm
- The types of data best suited for cloud
Webinar #3: Maximizing ROI in the Cloud
This session provides guidance on balancing the benefits of SharePoint in the cloud with spending decisions. It also focuses on understanding what you’re cutting out with cloud and what you’re taking on. Some of these considerations are:
- Detailing the costs involved in supporting code, managing deprecated features and plugins, and talent acquisition to run SharePoint
- Getting more value out of your IT spend by shifting from the traditional capital expenditure (CAPEX) model to an operating expense (OPEX) model
- Assessing possible investments in bandwidth and network to support cloud initiatives
If you still have questions on how you can leverage the cloud to simplify and streamline SharePoint management, visit us online or get started with a SharePoint specialist today.