We put support at the forefront of everything we do – we call it Fanatical Support. And that level of service starts from the inside with our Rackers. In order for Fanatical Support to be delivered right, our Rackers must be engaged and inspired to volunteer their best each day.
I’m thrilled that Rackspace has been named to Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. This year Rackspace is listed as No. 34, a meteoric rise of 40 places from last year’s ranking. We’ve had the honor of making the list in five of the last six years.
In the past year, we’ve invested heavily in our unique culture, in training and in creating fun and dynamic work environments for Rackers, all of which boosted employee engagement. Some of the most notable updates include:
- Updating and enhancing our pay and leave practices, including the implementation of a favorable Employee Stock Purchase Program and increasing the number of paid days off, including three paid days for volunteer work outside of the office.
- The creation of a Manager Survival Guide – a 186-page book that was written by Racker Managers, published and distributed to all managers sharing stories, advice and lessons from other Rackspace managers.
- A Manager Detox program through which newly promoted and newly hired managers get acclimated to our culture and learn unique methods for leading Rackers.
- Quarterly employee engagement surveys called RackerPulse that are based on the same loyalty metric that we use for customers.
- Sharpening the focus of our Core Values, which included publishing a book detailing what our core values are and what they are not based on defining and defeating behaviors for each value.
- The introduction of Top 3@3, a bi-weekly event in which Rackspace senior leaders discuss the three top initiatives for Rackspace and how it will impact Rackers.
- A new internal website called The Sauce, which is dedicated to showcasing Racker Culture and highlighting what it means to be a Racker through blog posts, videos, pictures and more.
- Implementation of the HIRE (How to Interview Rackspace Employees) program that was created in order to ask candidates a set of interview questions to assess their cultural fit.
This recognition by Fortune as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For shows we’re on the right path – the results are calculated using an extensive employee survey. We will continue to work to preserve our culture and to keep our employees engaged as we grow and work toward greatness.
Being recognized by Fortune and included among 99 other great companies is truly an honor for us and it shows that our greatness comes from the more than 4,500 Rackers who are committed to serving our customers and each other with the promise of Fanatical Support.
If you want to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission; we’re hiring.
Check out some videos that show why we’re a great place to work: