On April 8, Microsoft will end support for Exchange 2003. To help you plan you’re next move, we’ve laid out the pros and cons of investing in another on-premise email solution or going with a cloud provider for email management.
If you’ve decided that working along side a hosted provider is the best option for your email and collaboration needs; what’s next?
First, you want to make sure you understand what’s most important for your company and make sure you’re asking the correct questions.
- Look for a company you can easily reach, any time of day.
- Do you prefer US-based support?
- Do you prefer the option of phone, chat and online documents?
- Do you prefer speaking with folks who are empowered to make decisions?
- Do you need a dedicated account team?
- Look for a company that offers the highest uptime in the industry.
- Do you prefer a financially-backed Service Level Agreement (SLA)?
- Do you prefer a transparent uptime history?
- Look for a company that offers multi-layered spam and virus protection.
- Consider the company’s stance on privacy and selling your information
- Do you prefer a geo-redundant solution?
- Look for a company that has years managing and supporting businesses like yours
- Consider the company’s partnership with Microsoft and long-term commitment to email hosting
- Do you prefer a partner with dedicated email teams?
- Look for a company with a billing structure that meets your needs.
- Do you prefer a company with monthly or annual billing cycles?
- Consider the hidden fees of annual lock-ins, setup fees, and migrations services.
Remember to think about the migration experience when choosing your email partner. You’ll want to consider a company that has tried and true migration experience moving customers of all sizes from in-house operations such as your own, to a hosted solution. Consider whether you want to use an automated tool to make the move, or if you’d rather have a team move your data for you.
Next week we will discuss the different migration options Rackspace offers to help you determine the best option to move from your on-premise Exchange solution to Rackspace.
Click here to find the right solution for your business’ needs; and hopefully fast since Microsoft will end support for Exchange 2003 in just six weeks.
If you’d like to talk to an email specialist who can provide more answers to your specific needs, give us a call or feel free to chat with us online.